Monday, April 27, 2009

Starting Out

Welcome to my blog. I decided to start writing my own sewing and crafting blog after reading so many wonderful sewing blogs by my lovely Disboutiquer friends. I figured if those lovely ladies and Tom could blog about their fantastic creations surely I could too. I am really a beginner in the world of sewing. My machine is a Euro Pro Shark with about 12 stitches. I also use my mom's Singer serger. (Thanks mom) I started sewing, because I couldn't really find those cute custom clothes in a size large enough for my 9 year old. There are plenty of cute clothes out there for my almost 3 year old, but I am one of those mommas that try to make thier kialddos match. the first thing I ever sewed was pillowcase dresses for my daughters. I really wasn't planning on ever making any other style of dress for them. Pillowcase dresses are easy and patterns seemed way to complicated. Eventually, I branched out and bought a pattern and the rest is history. I've been sewing for about 6 months and loving every minute of it. Well, with the exception of those times when I have to be best friends with my seam ripper. The best part is that my girlies really love everything I make for them, and I feel a real sense of accomplishment when I have created something beautiful. I am slowly building up a stash of fabric and thread in many different colors. My almost 3 year old daughter loves the fabric store almost as much as I do! I see her being the one that I pass on my sewing knowledge (limited as it is) on to. I hope you stick around and follow me on my sewing adventures! Be blessed on this day that the Lord hath made!

No comments:

Post a Comment