Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Volunteer

I'm taking a break from my sewing posts to encourage you to volunteer. I choose to volunteer at a Food Bank that is run in partnership with the church that I am a member of. I had always felt the desire to volunteer, but really didn't know how to go about it, what was involved, or even where I should volunteer. For several months before I started volunteering at the food bank I had really felt God calling me to get more involved in HIS work, so when I heard that the man who runs the food bank, Brother Jesse, a fantastic spirit filled man, needed volunteers to help out, I knew that God had been preparing me for this opportunity. There are only five of us who work there and unfortunately we are only able to open once a month. This is absolutely the MOST rewarding day of each month for me. I really think that everyone should find a place to volunteer. I assure you that if you try it once you will choose to make it a part of your life. Volunteering gives me a bigger purpose. I am thankful that the Lord had directed me down this path!

No comments:

Post a Comment